Thursday, December 1, 2011

MusicMusicMusic

"White Blank Page" - Mumford & Sons

Alright, everyone has to have some sort of love song on their life soundtrack, right? Not only is this song just my favorite song because it is a beautiful song, and Mumford & Sons is my favorite band (at the moment) but this song pretty much sums up my love life. I love wayy too easily and give all I have to people. Not only in relationships but with everyone I care about. This song could also be about God if you listen to it - "lead me to the truth and I, will follow you with my whole life." Actually I'm pretty damn positive that it is about God. Eh, I try not to think about it that way too much because I like what it stands for relating it to relationships more.

"Vienna" - Billy Joel
Ah this is the best song ever. This song just reminds me to not freak out so much all the time, and not to take things for granted. When I listen to it i remember to slow down and take things one day at a time. I've been listening to this song A LOT recently because I've just been so stressed out and it makes me happy and appreciate life more. This song tells me to slooooww down and even though I have to work for what I want, I can't waste my whole life away and sometimes I just have to take time to myself!

Track 10

I have absolutely now idea what song this is. One of my best friends made a mix CD for me this year and put it on the CD. Since then it has become my favorite song. It is just soooo happy. Well the melody and the music is really happy but the message is more about getting back the one you love, but not in a sappy way, in a random, confusing, happy, upbeat way. Even though it's saying that they want the person back the song is more about reminiscing on the good times they've had together. I listen to it every morning. well every morning my roommate is awake.
p.s. i googled it it's called "Airplanes" - Local Natives

"Defying Gravity" - Kristine Chenoweth and Idina Mendzel

Oh my, this list would not be complete without a song from Wicked! Not only does this song bring back some of the best memories that I've had with one of my childhood best friends I also am in LOVE with this musical. Plus, this song stands for something I am going through right now in my life. It's all about going off on your own, accomplishing great things that people didn't think you could do. It's about accomplishing your dreams and not allowing anyone to get in your way. You have to work hard and go over hurdles in life to get to where you want to be, and when you're where you want to be it will all be worth it. Even if you have to leave some of the closest people behind, if you think it is worth it and it will truly make you happy, then you have to do what you think is right. It's also a great song to sign to:)

"Escape (Pina Coladas)" - Rupert Holmes

This song brings back the best memories I have of when I was little. My mom, sister and I all lived in this little house, just the 3 of us. Almost every morning she would play this while she would get ready for work, and get us ready for the day. It would also play while my sister and I were taking baths. It was just a happy upbeat song to me then. I never truly knew any of the words except for "if you like pina coladas" that's it. Just those 5 words, but back then it was the greatest song ever made just because my mom loved it and it was almost like a ritual. It always got me ready for a happy day!

eh that's all I got. ENJOY!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment